This tour explores Governors Island with incredible views of the Statue of Liberty and Lower Manhattan by way of the East River Greenway.
Mario Cuomo Bridge Greenway Ride via George Washington Bridge – NJ Rt 9w and Empire State Trail
- eBike Rental (Ages 21+)
- Personal eBike (Use your own eBike. Must be able to handle tour mileage)
Our Longest Scenic eBike Tour
This is the longest and most epic eBike ride we offer! 65 Miles. You ride up the Hudson River Greenway to the George Washington Bridge. Cross the George Washington Bridge and travel North on NJ Route 9w (Scenic Route) toward the new Tappan Zee (Mario Cuomo) Bridge. On your journey, you ride along the Palisades Cliffs through Interstate Park with breathtaking views of the Hudson River and Westchester County. Up next you ride through Tallman State Park as you get closer to the MC Bridge. On the route, you will pass through the beautiful town of Piermont NY before you arrive at the Bridge. (This new Mario Cuomo Bridge has protected bike lanes that keep the group away from all vehicular traffic) You then cross the Hudson River and ride to the Empire State Trail.
The Empire State Trail runs from the Canadian border, Monreal direction & another section Northwest Niagara Falls direction and runs all the way to NYC. We will be on the portion from Elmsford NY to Van Cortlandt Park in NYC. (about 20 miles) The greenway was constructed mostly along the mainline of the former New York and Putnam Railroad that was retired back in 1958. Its spectacular winding route through the hills of Westchester passes lakes, streams, and a waterfall as you cruise down towards Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx. Once at Van Cortlant Park in the Bronx, we will meet up with another Greenway network called “The Bronx River Greenway”. ride on that greenway towards Randall’s Island. Once at Randall’s Island, you ride over the Connector Bridge on the Northern side of the island, under the Amtrak bridge to the Southen side of the island where we will cross the 103rd Street Pedestrian Bridge back into Manhattan.
- 65 mile ride
- 75% protected bike lanes/greenways
- 20% traditional bike lanes
- 5% shared road with cars/trucks
- Tour starts and finishes at our storefront at 55th Street and 7th Avenue in Times Square
Subway – Yellow Line Q, R, N, W Trains to 57th Street (use 55th street exit in station) or Orange / Blue Line B, D, E Trains to 7th Avenue (use 7th avenue exit in station, exit staton and walk uptown 2 blocks. 160 West 55th Street
- Private guided tour
- photos of your tour
- Must be 18 years or older to take this tour
- You should know how to operate a bike and feel comfortable riding in a busy city environment.
- Tour route is subject to change because of possible road closures due to summer street fairs, parades, construction, or NYPD activity.
- You can always choose to make the route shorter.
- Note that all members of my party are knowledgeable in operating a bike and feel comfortable riding around New York City.
Your Trip Routes
- Upper East Side
- Upper West Side
- Hamilton Heights
- Fort Lee (NJ)